[found on dailywritingtips.com]
Examples of Writing Prompts
“The following are twenty writing prompts that you could use to spark your imagination. If you want to use one, don’t worry about where the ideas take you or whether what you’ve written is “good”. The point is just to get into the flow of writing. You can come back later and polish if you wish to. [dailywritingtips.com]
- It was the first snowfall of the year.
- He hadn’t seen her since the day they left High School.
- The city burned, fire lighting up the night sky.
- She studied her face in the mirror.
- The smell of freshly-cut grass.
- They came back every year to lay flowers at the spot.
- The streets were deserted. Where was everyone? Where had they all gone?
- This time her boss had gone too far.
- Red eyes.
- Stars blazed in the night sky.
- He woke to birdsong.
- ‘Shh! Hear that?’ ‘I didn’t hear anything.’
- He’d always hated speaking in public.
- She woke, shivering, in the dark of the night.
- The garden was overgrown now.
- He’d never noticed a door there before.
- She’d have to hitch a ride home.
- ‘I told him not to come back too!’
- His feet were already numb. He should have listened.”